For those of you who don't know me, or may not have heard me on the air lately ....because as LaRoy puts it, I'm the Brian Dunkelman of this dynamic duo, let me introduce myself to you. I'm Sigfried: LaRoy's bf, partner, target of off-the-cuff remarks...however you want to put it, I'm LaRoy's better, and certainly saner, better half. LaRoy is certainly very entertaining to listen to on the air. But the craziness, I mean, humour doesn't end with his segment. It's non-stop, which many of you might think would mean hours and hours of hilarious moments like a Golden Girls marathon, or a drug-induced frenzy. Perhaps a little of both, but it can also be exhausting.
The other day while I was paying bills and he was watching some ABC Family tween drama that wasn't the Gilmore Girls (hence, his namesake), I came across some paperwork that needed his signature. So, I went into the bedroom with the paperwork and pen and asked him to sign it. Simple request, right? Well, he proceeded to make a pouty face and whimpered, "I don't wanna." Seriously? I told him to stop goofing around, and this time he pointed at me and eeked out, "E.T. phone home." The only phone call I'm going to make is the one that's going to get him put away for a while so I can get some rest. After leaving the room and some haggling, he finally signed the documents ...complaining that he didn't like the ink in the pen. Cause I'm sure colored ink or crayons would have made it look SO much better.
It's just one of many moments that will be shared in the future. And for all of you parents out there, if you have any suggestions on how to deal with an overgrown (no, LaRoy...that wasn't a fat joke) child, send them my way.
Sounds like that little boy needs to be:
ReplyDeletea) denied dinner and sent to bed early
b) put on time out
c) put on media restriction
d) all of the above
I'm glad your speaking out(no pun intended) Its nice to get a counterpoint of few after hearing Laroys segments! Love Laroys world especially when its really Sigfrieds world hes living in, haha
ReplyDeleteMy new favorite website...
ReplyDeleteI heart you guys!!